Friday, March 24, 2017

Pool with a view



I'm staying at the Chicago Swissotel for a conference. There was a break in Internet connectivity while we were setting up our network, so I decided to visit the sauna and pool at the 42nd floor of this high-rise hotel.

Very nice view. Good pool, well equipped gym also with a view. And a sauna! But it wasn't particularly special. Mediocre. No water to throw to the stones, and the wood parts needed a refresh. And no view from the sauna, WTF?

But I'm glad there was a sauna. Will use it again later in my meeting week.

Also, in the US there seems to be a lot of interest in using carpets in all kinds of places, in this case in the dressing rooms where people are likely to be still drying themselves, etc. I'd have used floor materials that are easier to clean...





Photo credits (c) 2017 by Jari Arkko

No comments:

Post a Comment